B'More Heatlhy Tips - JH Kimmel Cancer
Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
- At the grocery store, head for the produce and seafood sections. Both offer food containing the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants needed to lower your cancer risks.
- Eating lots of fruits and vegetables can help decrease your risk of cancer cancer. Vegetables like broccoli, kale, cabbage and tomatoes have been shown to decrease prostate cancer risks.
- Stick to a diet low in saturated fats and watch your sugar, salt and alcohol intake.
- Exercise. Be sure to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day.
- Stay away from packaged and processed foods.
- Limit sugary drinks and drink plenty of water.
- Don’t smoke. If you do, make 2013 the year you quit!
- Cover up! Use sun screen and get regular skin check-ups.
Concerned about your cancer risk? Visit hopkinscancer.org to learn about screening tests, family history and cancer and more.
Interested in exhibiting in the Expo?
Contact a Health Expo Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410)662-1443.